Have you been diagnosed with fibromyalgia? The chances are that if you have, then living your daily life can be extremely difficult. It’s important to find ways to improve the symptoms of this condition, and one great way is through CBD oil. CBD oil has become an increasingly popular treatment for many conditions, including chronic pain, inflammation, anxiety, and depression. This article provides a list of 5 different types of CBD oils that will help relieve some or all of the symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia!
The 5 Best CBD Oils for Fibromyalgia
If you’re looking for a natural alternative to ease fibromyalgia symptoms, CBD oil could be the solution! Be sure to check out our top 5 recommendations below to find the best fit for your needs!
1. Royal CBD (Top recommended)
Royal CBD is a premium brand of CBD extracts. Their mission is to provide top-quality, affordable hemp extracts with a concentration over 300mg per fluid ounce; lab tested at 85% and higher. With different CBD oil products to choose from, they offer a wide range of options for your daily needs.
- Made from organic, non-GMO hemp
- Lab-tested for quality and purity
- Provides high concentration of CBD (over 300 mg per fluid ounce)
- Offers a trial size to ensure that you like their products before committing to a full bottle. The trial size is perfect for those who want to test out different CBD concentrations and flavors before buying larger quantities.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee, if there are any issues with your purchase, they will replace it or offer you a refund. You can’t go wrong!
- None we could find!
Read more: Top CBD Oils for Migraines & Headaches
2. Gold Bee (Runner up)
Gold Bee’s philosophy is simple: they strongly believe that a healthier lifestyle begins with a responsible and balanced diet, which they supplement with CBD extracts. Each product they offer includes pure hemp extract produced from organically grown European hemp plants. They strive to ensure the purity of their products by testing each batch several times at different stages of production. Each part of the plant is tested separately – that means that you can rest assured that their final product contains no chemical residues or contaminants whatsoever.
- Extracted from organic European hemp plants
- Manufactured in a facility accredited by SGS – an independent global company that audits and certifies manufacturers for quality management systems and compliance with international standards. This ensures your safety as a customer.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back! This company is sure that you will love their products and backs up their claim with real results. An excellent opportunity to test out different CBD oil concentrations before committing to a full bottle!
- Some people have found the taste of their extract difficult to stomach, although this is easily remedied by mixing it into juice.
Read more: Review on Equilibria CBD
3. The CBDistillery (Honorable mention)
The CBDistillery produces high-quality CBD Tinctures, Vape Oils, Topicals, Capsules, Pet Treats, and more using all-natural ingredients sourced from domestically grown industrial hemp plants. Their product lines are third-party tested to ensure purity levels and potency.
- Offers a large variety of products, ranging from CBD Tinctures to CBD Topicals and even CBD Capsules! Everything you need for your daily CBD needs.
- Lab-tested right here in the USA – what could be better? The CBDistillery believes that transparency is key to being a reliable business. They will always provide thorough lab results so that their customers can see just how pure their extracts are! You won’t have to worry about hidden ingredients or concentrations – these tests provide all of the information you need to know.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee – if you’re not 100% happy with your purchase, they’ll refund every penny without any hassle on your part! A great opportunity as well as a safe one to test out the products without having to commit to a full bottle.
- Some customers have suggested that they would like extracts with more CBD concentration (over 500mg per fluid ounce). If you fall into this category, one of our top picks might be better for your needs.
4. Bluebird Botanicals
Bluebird’s Hemp CBD Oil Tinctures are some of the best-selling and most highly praised products in the entire industry. They’ve created an affordable option for quality phytocannabinoid nutrition – their prices are simply unbeatable! Bluebird has developed into one of the most trusted CBD brands providing reliable, effective products with no artificial colors or preservatives. Most of their extracts come from air-grown organic hemp plants, and they always test their products three times for quality assurance:
- All-natural ingredients, no artificial colors or preservatives.
- Every product is tested in the USA in an FDA-registered laboratory with third-party results provided on their website.
- A large variety of CBD oil concentrations to choose from! These people truly care about giving their customers options and ensuring that everyone can use CBD how they want to.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee – that’s right, you can return your purchase if you’re not 100% satisfied!
- The worst thing we could find was that shipping takes a little bit longer due to being based out of Colorado. However, there are express shipping options available.
The Endoca CBD Oil Company offers a wide range of CBD products, from CBD Drops to CBD Shampoo. Their website is also 100% free from any misleading information or claims – they prioritize safety and transparency in all of their practices.
- A variety of different product types to choose from! This company truly wants to cater to everyone’s needs and provide them with the best possible experience.
- All-natural ingredients are grown organically without pesticides or synthetic fertilizers, extracted using CO2 for a cleaner end-product.
- Lab-tested in Colorado, the USA, by a third-party facility for quality assurance and customer safety.
- Shipping takes 3-4 days longer than most other companies due to being based out of Colorado. However, they offer express shipping options regardless of where you’re located.
Fibromyalgia: What exactly is it?
Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by chronic widespread pain and allodynia (a heightened and painful response to pressure). This specific type of pain can be anywhere throughout the body, but there are certain points where it hurts more than normal such as the base of the neck, lower back, gluteal muscles, hips, shoulders, and thighs. It’s important to note that these points hurt with even light pressure.
Fibromyalgia is more common in women than men and usually can be diagnosed between the ages of 20-50. Many people with fibromyalgia also struggle with migraines, headaches, TMJ disorder, Erectile Dysfunction (ED), irritable bladder syndrome (IBS) (erectile dysfunction is a very common side effect of fibromyalgia). For every one person that has been confirmed to have fibromyalgia, there are over six more that have not been diagnosed.
How is Fibromyalgia Diagnosed?
There are two primary ways to diagnose Fibromyalgia. The first is through a questionnaire that documents all of the symptoms associated with the disorder, and the second way is by way of pressure tests which assess how much pain you feel when pressure is applied to specific parts of your body.
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
The exact cause of fibromyalgia still hasn’t been pinpointed, but there has been some evidence suggesting that genetics play a role in this condition, and it can be passed down from generation to generation (chest). A possible reason for this disorder is due to an overactive nervous system which causes increased sensitivity to stimuli such as touch and pressure. There’s also been research that suggests a chemical imbalance in the brain where serotonin levels are decreased while dopamine levels are increased.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
The symptoms of Fibromyalgia are all related to pain and can be broken into two categories. The first is the physical aspect which includes:
- Widespread Pain- Can be anywhere throughout the body and increases with pressure or stress.
- Allodynia- Extreme sensitivity to pressure and touch
- TMJ disorder
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
The second category of symptoms is emotional and mental aspects such as:
- Anxiety Depression
- Memory problems
- Trouble falling asleep
- Panic Attacks
- Irritability Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
Some people who have fibromyalgia may not experience any type of pain at all but will still experience many of these other symptoms. Many times there’s a very noticeable difference between patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia that are in pain versus those who are not.
What are the available treatment options for Fibromyalgia?
There are several treatment options for Fibromyalgia, including the following:
- Corticosteroids- These are anti-inflammatory drugs that decrease the level of pain experienced by the patient.
- Prescription Drugs- Treat symptoms such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, migraines, etc.
- Physical Therapy
- Anti-seizure Medications
- Surgery (for severe cases)
- CBD Products
There are also a few different supplements you can take to help relieve your symptoms, including Omega 3s, Glutamine Magnesium, Vitamin D3 B6, Iron, Fish Oil Calcium. When it comes to Fibromyalgia treatment options; there isn’t one single cure or source that helps everyone because everybody is unique and reacts differently to certain medicines. Due to this, it’s important to keep in mind that when you try a new treatment option, it may take your body a few days to a couple of weeks to feel the full effects.
Can CBD Oil Help with Fibromyalgia?
CBD oil has been shown to help those who suffer from various chronic pain conditions such as arthritis, diabetes mellitus, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, and others. Once again, this is because cannabinoids interact with nerve cells in our body called cannabinoid receptors which affect many functions, including appetite, mood, memory, and motor control, among others. In a study published in The Clinical Journal of Pain, a team led by Dr. Ethan Russo found out that a combination of Δ9-THC and CBD was more effective in treating pain than any of the single compounds alone.
Another study done on rodents showed that CBD had analgesic properties which would be very beneficial for those who suffer from fibromyalgia. The researchers wrote, “CBD is a reversible inhibitor of both FAAH and MAGL, which are two major enzymes that can metabolize endogenous anandamide.” In other words, cannabinoids interact with cannabinoid receptors in our body because they activate the same biochemical pathways that are activated when we have a lot of anandamide in our bodies. If there is a way to stop enzymes from breaking down this molecule, it will stay intact longer and have a stronger effect on our body. This is what CBD does. It can inhibit the enzymes responsible for breaking down anandamide so that our body remains flooded with this important endocannabinoid.
What exactly is CBD?
CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that’s found in cannabis and hemp plants. What this means is that it won’t get you high like THC does because it doesn’t activate the same biochemical pathways. CBD has been shown to have many medical benefits, including helping to relieve pain and inflammation, protecting from cell damage from free radicals, reducing anxiety and depression, lowering the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease, and even inhibiting the growth of cancer cells (chest).
Recommended CBD Oil Dosage for Fibromyalgia
As always, start out with a low dose and gradually increase it if needed. The recommended dosage for fibromyalgia is typically around 20 to 40 mg of CBD taken daily. It’s very important to note that everyone’s body chemistry is different, so what works well for one person may not work as well for another. Some people may only need 10mg, while others may require upwards of 200 mg in order to experience any type of relief. Start out by taking 5-10mg before bedtime and monitor your response over the next few days. If you don’t find this helpful, then go up slowly until you find what works best for you.
Read more: Why CBD Oil Is Not Working for You?
If you suffer from chronic pain, CBD may be a great treatment option for your symptoms. We’ve researched and compiled the top five best brands on the market to help make it easier for you to find one that suits your needs. The first place winner is Royal CBD with their high-quality products, good customer reviews, attractive website design, and excellent customer service. Gold bee was ranked second most popular due to its affordable pricing, organic characteristics, and outstanding customer reviews, too! What do you like best about the product and the company that sells it? Share with us in the comments below!