Cats are incredible animals, and they deserve the best care possible. Sadly, cancer is a common problem in cats. Anyone who has ever loved a cat knows that this disease can be devastating for feline friends and their owners.
Thankfully there is hope! CBD oil can help in treating cancer in cats while providing great results. This article will give information on how CBD oil works to treat cat cancer. It will also tackle how it can ease symptoms of the illness and other benefits before trying CBD oil for cats with cancer.
Can Cats Use CBD Oil with their Cancer?
CBD oil is a powerful medication that has been proven to be useful in fighting cancer. This is found effective in humans and also in animals, particularly cats. In any case, your feline friend is suffering from cancer, and you can always use CBD oil on them as this is proven to be safe. Aside from its safety, CBD oil for cats with cancer provides aid from cancer symptoms and the discomforts coming from the cancer treatment procedure.
Benefits of Utilizing CBD Oil for Cats with Cancer
Cats suffering from cancer can get different health benefits just by using CBD oil. These include:
- Relieving the pain caused by cancer. Pain relief for cats with cancer can be achieved with the help of CBD oil. The fact that there are no side effects from this medication makes it a good choice to make sure your cat feels comfortable even during its worst days of illness or treatment.
- Decreasing inflammation and nausea in cats with cancer. CBD oil is known to be anti-inflammatory and will help your cat feel better even if it has cancer that makes it feel sick.
- Fighting cancer cells in cats with cancer by blocking their growth and inducing cell death (apoptosis). This way, the use of this medication can also slow down or fight against the spread of cancer in your cat’s body.
- Relieving anxiety and depression for pets with cancer. CBD oil can help improve the mood of a depressed, anxious, or stressed-out cat diagnosed with cancer. This is because this medication helps balance neurotransmitters in the brain that contribute to animals’ feelings of well-being and happiness.
Read more: CBD Oil for Aggressive Cats
Where Does Cat Cancer Come From?
Cancer in cats is usually caused by many reasons. The most common cause is exposure to toxins in the home or environment. But there are other reasons why your pet cat suffers from cancer. These are:
Cats of different ages are at risk for this condition, but geriatric cats who have been around 12 years or older are more prone to it as they age.
In rare cases, cancer can also be caused by genetics and hereditary factors from parents whose DNA is altered in a way that makes the cat more vulnerable to developing cancer.
Cats with other health conditions are more likely to suffer from the disease than those without any existing medical problems. This includes autoimmune diseases, inflammatory diseases, and tumors that grow in the body, causing pain or discomfort for your pet cat.
Best CBD Products for Cats with Cancer
When it comes to cancer in cats, there are quite a few CBD products that can be used for treatment. CBD oil for cats with cancer can ease the indications of cancer. The product types of CBD oil for cats with cancer that you can apply to your cat are:
These are CBD oil products that come in the form of capsules that contain specific amounts of this medication designed for oral intake by cats.
There are also sprays made with CBD oil, particularly formulated to be applied on your cat’s skin, where it can easily get absorbed into the body and bloodstream through pores.
There are also CBD oil products that come in lotions, balms, or creams for your cat’s skin and hair coat. This will help relieve pain caused by cancer and can be used together with other treatments for this condition, like chemotherapy. But there is a need to consult your vet before using these products on your cat’s skin.
Lastly, CBD oil for cats with cancer can be in the form of tinctures that you drop into the mouth or under the tongue of your pet cat to make them eat it up easily instead of having to swallow pills. This is another way by which cats with cancer can get pain relief.
Read more: Top CBD Oils for Dogs with Cancer
Possible Negative Effects of CBD in Cats
CBD oil for cats with cancer also has some side effects that can be experienced. CBD is not a medication, and it’s natural, which means you should expect some consequences from using it on your pet cat, even if this product comes from cannabis Sativa plant extract.
- Drowsiness or lethargy. This is a typical side effect of CBD oil in cats as it can make them feel sleepy.
- Vomiting or nausea. Your cat may also experience vomiting and nausea after taking this medication which might cause stomach irritation, diarrhea, or dehydration if these conditions worsen over time due to a lack of appetite for your pet cat.
CBD Doses for Cats with Cancer
To ensure that your pet cat will take the correct dosage of CBD oil, you can follow these advices:
- The usual starting dosage of CBD should only be 0.05 milligrams per pound or one drop given at a time, twice daily under the tongue.
- This amount may then gradually increase depending on the condition of your cat and what dosage is tolerable. You can then increase it by 0.05 or up to a full milligram every week until you see good results for your pet’s health condition.
- The maximum amount that should be given must not go beyond one milligram per pound, three times daily under the tongue.
- If you’re using CBD oil capsules, the usual dosage for your cat is one capsule per day or as recommended by a veterinarian. You can then gradually increase this amount after a week if there are no negative reactions from your pet’s side and their condition continues to improve with treatment. Most of all, make sure that you only increase the dosage after consulting your vet.
- If you’re using CBD oil sprays, topical lotions, or creams for cats with cancer, make sure to apply it on a small area of their body first instead of applying directly over the tumor itself until you see how they react to this medication’s effects.
How to Carefully Give CBD Oil to My Forceful Cat?
If your cat with cancer is forceful, you can try to give them CBD oil by following these ways:
- Try dabbing a small amount of the product on their paw pads or between their toes. This will make it easier for them to absorb this medication even if they lick themselves clean after application. You may also want to do this at a time when they are not feeling well and don’t have the strength to run around or scratch you.
- Another way of giving CBD oil to cats with cancer is by mixing it in their food but make sure that your pet cat won’t be able to detect the taste through smell. Mixing this medication into a bowl filled with wet cat food or even a can of sardines, tuna, or salmon is an excellent way to get cats with cancer to eat the medicine.
CBD oil for cats with cancer is effective in dealing with the symptoms of cancer in cats. This is a natural alternative treatment to use in case conventional treatment is not taking effect. Moreover, CBD oil for cats with cancer offers cats a better feeling that can help make them feel calmer while undergoing entire cancer treatment.
Do you want to know how you can benefit from CBD oil? Please leave your comment below.