Vertigo is a condition that causes the sufferer to feel as if they are spinning. The symptoms vary depending on the frequency and severity of the episodes, but many people report feeling dizzy or lightheaded during vertigo episodes. There are multiple treatments available for vertigo, including medications, surgery, exercises, and lifestyle changes. One natural way to treat this condition is by using CBD oil for vertigo. Find out how CBD for vertigo can help clear this condition.
Can CBD Help in Vertigo Treatment?
CBD for vertigo helps treat the condition by reducing symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and lightheadedness. CBD is an anti-inflammatory agent that works to reduce inflammation in the body, which can help with vertigo symptoms.
CBD oil for vertigo is generally administered in the form of a tincture or an inhaler. With it, a person who suffers from vertigo can decrease the severity of the symptoms they experience.
Read more: Can CBD Help With Asthma?
What Causes Vertigo?
It is important to know what causes vertigo to find the most effective treatment for it. Vertigo can be caused by some different reasons, including:
- Benign positional vertigo: This is the most common reason for vertigo. It occurs when fluid becomes trapped in one of three canals that are located in and around your ear and affects balance and coordination.
- Migraine-associated vertigo: This happens when vertigo is caused by the changes in blood flow to your brain that are associated with a migraine.
- Acoustic neuroma: This is a tumor that develops on the acoustic nerve, which connects your ear to your brain.
Which Should I Choose for My Vertigo? THC or CBD?
THC vs. CBD for vertigo is one of the most common questions that patients ask about this condition. Some studies show both THC and CBD can help treat symptoms related to vertigo, but it comes down to personal preference as to which you should choose. Those who suffer from migraines may want to try using a strain that has higher levels of CBD, while those who suffer from nausea may want to use a strain that is high in THC.
Benefits to Expect from CBD for Vertigo
CBD for vertigo helps to manage the symptoms that are associated with this condition. Some of these include nausea, vomiting, and lightheadedness which are all common during episodes of vertigo.
CBD oil is also helpful in reducing inflammation which can help ease some of those uncomfortable feelings experienced after an episode has passed.
Another benefit is that CBD oil can help you sleep better during episodes of vertigo. This is because it has relaxing effects that not only calm the body but also promote relaxation to improve your quality of rest.
Read more: Does CBD Help With Hair Loss and Growth?
Symptoms Associated with Vertigo
There are many different symptoms associated with vertigo. These include:
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Fatigue, lack of energy
Which CBD Product Should I use for My Vertigo?
There are many different types of CBD products that can help with vertigo, including tinctures and inhalers.
- Tinctures: This is a liquid form of CBD oil that comes in small bottles or vials. You will need to use the dropper included with the bottle to take the proper dosage for your condition.
- Inhalers: This is a concentrated CBD oil that comes in the form of an inhaler. It can be used for vaping or inhaling through your mouth.
- Capsules: This is a concentrated CBD oil that comes in the form of capsules. It can be taken orally with water or juice.
- Topicals: Topical CBD products help to reduce muscle and joint pain and inflammation when applied directly to your skin. They are available as creams, gels, lotions, and patches.
CBD for Vertigo Pros and Cons
CBD for vertigo does have many benefits but also drawbacks.
Pros: CBD capsules provide the highest levels of potency and easy administration for long-lasting relief
Cons: You cannot use this product while pregnant or breastfeeding. It also contains soy and other ingredients that may cause an allergic reaction in some people.
Pros: CBD tinctures are easy to use and highly portable
Cons: This product can also cause an allergic reaction in some people. It has a limited shelf life as well, which means you do not have much time to use it after opening the bottle for the first time. What is more, since this product comes in liquid form, it can be messy and difficult to measure the dosage.
Pros: This type of CBD product is very effective in reducing pain and inflammation associated with vertigo due to its topical application, which allows for direct contact between your skin and the cannabidiol compound. It also has a longer shelf life than other CBD products.
Cons: This product is only available in cream, gel, or lotion forms which means you need to apply it topically directly on your skin. If this is not possible for some reason, the benefits of this product may be reduced because cannabinoids are lipophilic and cannot easily diffuse through skin cells when applied on the surface.
Pros: This product allows for direct contact between your lungs and the cannabidiol compound, which means it provides fast-acting relief that lasts longer than other types of CBD products. Since this is an inhaler, you can easily take a puff when you feel an episode coming on.
Cons: Like CBD capsules, this product can also cause allergic reactions in some people. It has a limited shelf life as well, which means you do not have much time to use it after opening the bottle for the first time. Moreover, since this product comes in liquid form, it can be messy and difficult to measure the dosage.
Read more: Plain Jane CBD Product Review
Risks of Using CBD for Vertigo
CBD for vertigo can help reduce the severity of your symptoms, but it does not come without risks.
- As with any other type of CBD product, this substance is derived from cannabis which means you may experience some unwanted side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness if you do not take proper precautions. It also has a high content of THC which means it may cause some impairment to your cognitive abilities.
- CBD tinctures are not recommended for children who have epilepsy or seizures due to the risk of respiratory depression, which makes breathing difficult, especially if they already suffer from lung problems such as asthma or COPD.
CBD for vertigo has many benefits and is available in different forms to help you manage your condition. However, it also comes with some risks that need to be addressed before using this product.
To make sure that your vertigo symptoms will be addressed properly, you should consult the doctor before taking CBD. They can provide you with the right dose and product that will be effective in managing the symptoms of vertigo.