If you have asthma, it is quite common to experience symptoms after exposure to allergens, cold air, or chemical irritants. The primary goal for anyone with asthma is to regain control over their condition – no matter what it takes. Though there is no cure, there are treatments that can be taken to manage the symptoms of asthma.
CBD is a natural compound that has been found to reduce inflammation in the body. For many people, this means relief from asthma symptoms. This article will discuss how CBD helps with asthma and which products are best for treating this type of breathing disorder.
Asthma: What is It?
Asthma is a common lung disorder that affects people of all ages. It causes you to have difficulty breathing because your airways are inflamed and constricted, causing them to narrow when exposed to certain stimuli. This makes it harder for oxygen to come into the lungs while also allowing carbon dioxide (CO) to leave the body quickly.
Though it is not a life-threatening condition, it can be very distressing and disruptive to your day-to-day activities.
What are the Symptoms of Asthma
The symptoms of asthma vary from individual to individual as well as episode to episode. Common symptoms include Chest tightness or pain, Cough, Shortness of breath Wheezing.
Wheezing may sound like a whistling sound in your throat when you take a breath. It is usually accompanied by difficulty breathing and rapid, shallow breaths.
CBD for Asthma: How it Works
Asthma attacks can be very serious – especially if they are not handled properly. CBD oil has been shown to reduce inflammation that causes asthma symptoms such as pain, inflammation, and swelling. For many people, CBD oil provides significant relief from these symptoms within a few hours of the first dose being taken.
CBD also works to prevent asthma attacks altogether by reducing bronchospasms in your windpipe – which is what causes you to feel an asthma attack coming on when exposed to allergens or irritants.
CBD oil is also shown to help with other common symptoms of asthma, such as anxiety, stress, and depression – which are often experienced alongside the respiratory condition.
Though there has not been extensive research on CBD for asthma treatment, early studies have found that it can be very effective in reducing inflammation throughout your entire body – especially when combined with other asthma management strategies.
Related post: Does CBD Help With Hair Loss?
Benefits from CBD for Asthma
Long-term CBD oil treatment for people with asthma can bring many health benefits. Some of the most notable advantages include:
- Reduced risk of triggering an attack – This is due to how it reduces inflammation and bronchospasms – both major causes of asthma symptoms.
- Improved breathing ability Reduced anxiety, stress, and depression
- Less need for conventional treatments such as bronchodilators, steroids, and rescue inhalers.
Related post: CBD Oil for Gout Treatment
Ways to Use CBD for Asthma
There are a variety of ways to use CBD oil for asthma. CBD products can come in different types. You may find CBD products like CBD capsules, CBD tincture, CBD vape, and many others. Some of these products are to be taken orally, while others are applied to the skin. It is important to know the benefits of every CBD product before making a choice in which to use it. This is to make sure that you will get the results that you want from the CBD product.
Different CBD Products and Their Benefits to Asthma Treatment
Each CBD product has its benefits and effects on the body. Some of these products can be more effective than others in treating asthma symptoms, depending on what you want from your treatment plan. Here are some examples:
- CBD Oil Tincture – This is usually dispensed with a dropper bottle that allows you to place several drops under your tongue where it is absorbed into the bloodstream. The advantage of this type of CBD product is that it allows for fast results – usually within a few hours after taking your first dose. It also provides long-lasting relief from asthma symptoms so you can feel better throughout the day without having to worry about an attack coming on suddenly and catching you off guard.
- CBD Vape – CBD vape oil is one of the most popular products in the market today. This type of product does not take any effort to get absorbed by your body, unlike other types of CBD products that must be ingested orally or applied topically. It can also provide fast results within a few hours after taking only a couple of puffs.
- CBD Capsules – CBD capsules can be used as an alternative to vaping or taking tinctures orally. They work the same way by allowing you to absorb CBD oil into your bloodstream through your digestive system and deliver results faster than other methods of using CBD products for asthma treatment. The only difference is that it takes slightly longer before you start to feel the effects.
- CBD Tinctures – CBD tincture is taken orally and works more slowly than vaping or applying capsules topically because it needs to be digested before your body can absorb its ingredients. It provides long-lasting relief, but you need to take it at least twice daily for best results. Results are usually felt within a few hours.
Related post: Best CBD Oils for Fibromyalgia Treatment
CBD Inhaler for Asthma: What is It?
CBD inhalers for asthma are becoming extremely popular because of how they can provide quick results without needing the other types of CBD products. It allows you to inhale CBD oil directly into your lungs, where its ingredients will be absorbed by tiny particles known as alveoli. From there, these particles spread throughout your body and help in relieving symptoms.
Is CBD Vaping Safe for Asthma?
CBD vaping is safe for asthma in that it does not pose any major medical risk to your respiratory system. However, this type of CBD product can be harmful when taken by mouth or applied topically because you are likely to experience side effects such as dizziness and headaches.
Related post: Savage CBD Review 2022
What is the Right Dosage of CBD for Asthma?
One of the best things about CBD for asthma is that you do not need to take a lot to see results. Studies show that taking at least 25mg per day is effective enough to relieve symptoms. It can also provide long-lasting relief from your condition because the effects will last throughout the day if you continue taking your CBD dosage.
Inhaling CBD oil for asthma treatment is one of the best things you can do to help your respiratory system. However, you must ensure that your CBD product has been tested and approved by a medical professional before trying it out.
In conclusion, CBD oil for asthma is very effective in treating the respiratory condition’s acute and chronic symptoms, especially when combined with other treatment strategies such as changes to diet, getting enough sleep, and exercise. However, you must talk to your doctor before starting any new medication or supplement regimen so they can prescribe you the right dosage and product for your needs.