The October 2017 firestorm is having an extremely severe impact on our communities. This loss will be especially challenging for these growers because:
- Over the course of the last 18 months, these growers have spent their life savings getting permits and preparing for state licensure.
- These folks don’t qualify for crop insurance like other farmers.
- These folks can’t get loans like other business owners.
- These folks won’t qualify for federal emergency relief funds.
Our mission is to help growers and their communities throughout California recover from and adapt to wildfire.
Our priority objectives are:
- Ensure that not a single grower fails to get a license because of wildfire related hardship
- Coordinate industry and nationwide efforts to ensure the most effective use of funds
- Maintain strong relationships with donors and strengthen relationships between partner organizations
A COLLABORATIVE FUND
The wildfire relief fund is governed by a council of partners, including:
- California Growers Association
- Sonoma County Cannabis Alliance
- Mendocino County Growers Association
- Humboldt County Growers Alliance
- Nevada County Cannabis Alliance
- Advanced Nutrients
- More partners, TBA
This is a collaborative fund being promoted and managed in partnership. Each partner organization will select a representative to review requests for aid and to make decisions regarding expenditures.
Do you like this page?