Menstrual cramps are common for many women, and they can make life pretty miserable. When you have menstrual cramps, it is important to do anything that will help provide relief from the pain. One option is CBD oil which has been shown to effectively reduce symptoms of menstrual cramps, including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. In this blog post, we’ll go over why CBD may be an effective treatment and how you can use it for your symptoms.
Does CBD Help in Relieving Menstrual Cramp Symptoms?
Some studies have shown that CBD oil is an effective treatment for menstrual cramps. Other researchers found that endocannabinoid levels are low before your cycle begins and then increase during the period before your cycle starts. This suggests that endocannabinoids may be beneficial in alleviating menstrual cramps and other symptoms of PMS.
CBD can help in getting relief from all the pains during the monthly period since it can block pain signals from being sent to your brain. CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties can also help by reducing swelling in any areas that are particularly painful during cramping.
Related post: CBD Oil for Vertigo & Dizziness
List of Benefits from CBD for Menstrual Cramps
CBD has a wide range of benefits for your body and mind. These benefits include:
- Fights against cancer cells
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and depression
- Treats epilepsy by reducing seizures. This is a great benefit for those who suffer from menstrual cramps as well because it can reduce the pain you feel during your period. CBD has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which help in improving mood swings associated with PMS.
- Helps in getting rid of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain associated with menstrual cramps.
- Eliminates insomnia which is a common symptom during periods
- Reduces inflammation to reduce swelling since this causes pressure on nearby tissues leading to discomfort. This can be one of the most effective ways to reduce your pain tolerance and get rid of the pain.
Related post: CBD for Hair Loss and Growth
Menstrual Cramps: What is It?
Menstrual cramps are the painful sensations women experience in their lower abdomen during menstruation. It is estimated that up to 50% of all women suffer from menstrual cramps, and it has been described as one of the most common gynecologic problems affecting reproductive age group females.
Menstrual cramps are a result of contractions in the uterus that lead to muscle spasms which cause pain. This is also accompanied by backaches and pains in other areas such as the legs, hips, and lower back areas.
In most cases, menstrual cramps can be treated with over-the-counter medications or certain prescription drugs. CBD oil can be a great relief without any side effects and is relatively affordable.
What are Menstrual Cramps and CBD Oil?
Treating the pains in period cramps using CBD oil is not something new. Many women have been using it to get relief from menstrual cramps without any side effects and with guaranteed results.
With the help of CBD, women can get rid of the side effects associated with synthetic medications, which include everything from weight gain to mood swings. CBD helps in reducing inflammation, swelling, and bloating that causes pressure on surrounding tissues leading to pain during periods.
What is Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)?
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a set of symptoms that occur in the last few days before your monthly menstrual cycle. It can also include emotional and physical changes, such as swelling in hands or feet, acne flare-ups, food cravings, breast tenderness, and mood swings. These symptoms are related to your menstrual cycle and usually start to appear a few days after ovulation and end when you start your period.
Different Therapies for Menstrual Cramps
Different therapies can be used to treat menstrual cramps. These include:
- Painkillers such as ibuprofen and aspirin to reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation associated with menstrual cramps
- Birth control pills are also prescribed by doctors to regulate the hormones which cause fluctuations due to periods or PMS symptoms. However, this treatment is not suitable for everyone.
- Hormonal therapies are also used to reduce the severity of symptoms associated with menstrual cramps and include contraceptive patches, vaginal rings, or injections which can be prescribed by doctors depending on your specific circumstances. While these medications help in reducing the pain related to periods, they do have side effects that might affect you adversely. CBD is a great alternative for this and can be used to treat menstrual cramps along with PMS.
CBD Oil or THC: Which Will You Choose for Your Menstrual Cramps?
While CBD is known to have multiple benefits, it does not interact with the endocannabinoid system. It has numerous health and wellness properties which include improving mood swings associated with PMS as well as reducing inflammation that causes pain during periods.
THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, on the other hand, interacts with CB-receptors in the body to produce a high, which is responsible for causing mood swings and changes.
If you choose one for your menstrual cramps, it is always better to go for CBD oil which will help you get relief from pain and discomfort without any side effects.
Related post: CBD for Asthma Patients
How Do You Use CBD for Menstrual Cramps?
Using CBD oil for menstrual cramps is easy and straightforward. All you need to do is take a few drops of hemp oil or any other form of CBD under your tongue once daily before bedtime on the days when pain levels are high. This will help in getting rid of inflammation, swelling, and bloating, which cause pressure on surrounding muscle tissues and contributes to pain during periods.
Different CBD Products for Menstrual Cramps
Several companies are selling CBD oil for menstrual cramps. You can buy them in the form of capsules, concentrates, or oils, depending on your preferences.
- Capsules: These are suitable for women who do not prefer taking oral medications and looking to get rid of the pain associated with periods without any side effects.
- Patches: These are usually used to get rid of severe menstrual cramps. However, you must check the ingredients as some might have synthetic chemicals which can cause various side effects associated with birth control pills and other medications.
- Topical: This can be applied to the area where you feel the most pain and discomfort.
- Suppositories: These are inserted into the rectum, where they get absorbed in blood to reduce pain associated with menstrual cramps.
How Much CBD to Take for Menstrual Cramps?
If you are using CBD Oil, it is always recommended that the dosage should be ideal for your body type. However, a good starting point would be to take about 25mg of CBD oil or other forms available and gradually increase intake over a few weeks. Remember not to increase the dose more than once a day because this can negatively affect your body.
If you are suffering from the severe pains associated with menstrual cramps, using CBD oil can be a great way of getting rid of them efficiently. You can use it along with your prescribed medications and see positive results.
If you are unsure which CBD for menstrual cramps to use, you can do your research to find out which will be most beneficial.